JOB DESCRIPTION OF THE EDITOR
(DHAA WA BRANCH)
The editor works on the administration and publishing of Hygiene Happenings.
The editor of Hygiene Happenings selects, reviews, and edits articles for publication,
in liason with the Co-Editor and the branch executive. The editor is responsible for
the design and publication of the newsletter using Microsoft Publisher. Production
of the newsletter is three times a year – April, August & December.
Job Functions (responsibilities):
- Source articles for publication
- Edit articles submitted for publication (or confirm articles that have already been edited by the co-editor)
- Write an editorial for each issue
- Keep up-to-date with local and national issues regarding Dental Hygiene practice
- Contact a student to write a student corner
- Submit each issue to the WA Branch president and national councillor for review prior to publication
- Meet publication deadlines
- Include advertisements for important dates such as Continuing Education opportunities, the DHAA Inc National Symposium, IFDH conferences etc.
- Gather material/data for the publication, including advertising
- Once the data has been collected the editor will design the newsletter using
the programme Microsoft Publisher, on the laptop provided by the DHAA (WA Branch).
- A draft copy will be sent to members of the WA Exec for opinions/additions
prior to final publishing
- A final copy PDF will be forwarded to the Membership Officer, who will distribute the newsletter via email to all current members.
- In the future the editor will be responsible for an employment section which will require them to liaise with employers to place their ad.